POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fish glass [WIP 2] (JPG 53KB) : Re: fish glass [WIP 2] (JPG 53KB) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fish glass [WIP 2] (JPG 53KB)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 15 Feb 2003 12:46:32
Message: <3E4E7DB5.61F82FE8@Rapidnet.com>
Looking really good, however, the bowl looks like it was molded around the
base.  Unless this is the way you wanted it, you can find the radius of the
sphere at a given point with the following equation:

sqrt(pow(gr,2) - pow(dr,2))    <<-- in graphic form below.

where <b>gr</b> is the given radius of the sphere you started with, and
<b>dr</b> is the desired radius.  This will render the distance of that
radius from the center of the sphere. I use a graphing calculator for this,
but a really good scientific one will do.

Regards,

A.D.B